SC - Re: Frumenty for the Masses, Revisited

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Mar 3 22:35:04 PST 1998

Ah yeah, the lemon thing.  There is a plant that is a Midwest Native,
called Zanthoxylum Americanum.  The prickly-ash.  It has a lemony smell
when crushed, as that was the field ID cue from my dendrology class.  The
other thing to try is lemon balm.  They may not be period, but at least
they won't kill you.

Hope this helps,
Bogdan