SC - Sumac

Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 5 11:15:00 PST 1998

> There are several period and non-period receipes that have lemons
listed in the
> ingrediants.  What I was wondering, is there anything that can be
substituted for lemons
> in a receipe?  I am deathly allergic to lemons, whether artificial or
real (same with limes).

> Dierdre

Fresh ginger can add a sparkle to foods that I think would substitute
well for lemon, in beverages or recipes.  If juice is needed, then scape
the root on one of those ceramic ginger crusher things over a bowl, of
pieces are needed, then slice or mince.  In cooked dishes, a generous
dose of powdered ginger would be flavorsome, though not tart like lemon
or fresh ginger.

Anne