[Fwd: SC - Re: pasties]

Mary Hysong ladymari at gila.net
Thu Mar 5 21:04:32 PST 1998

What puzzles me about the whole pasties problem is this:

Cornish pasties are very much related to Bridies, specifically Forfar
Bridies, which were invented by a baker called Mr. Jolly, in Forfar, in or
around the 1820s. brides are a dish that are supposed to be simple for
Brides to prepare. It seems to me that if these were such an ancient food,
we would be well past "inventing" the various versions by the time Mr. jolly
emerged upon the scene.

Just a thought!

Aoife