SC - frozen pomegranate seeds

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Mon Mar 9 15:31:59 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/9/98 12:07:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk writes:

<< I've always been taught, and most of my reference books, indicate an ending
 somewhere around the 1480s/1490s, with a practical cutoff point being 1500 >>

The reality is that the Middle Ages ended at different times for different
peoples.  For instance, the Ottoman Middle Ages ending date is usually given
as 1776 c.e.  Rather than, have to write a volume of cut off dates for
different persona cultures, it is probably the wisest thing for the SCA to cut
off the MA at pre-1600 as they have done.  Even the dates given in above quote
include the Renaissance which is just as inaccurate as the Corpora's
date.......

Ras