SC - Lamb's Quarters

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 19:59:48 PST 1998

I cooked my first feast this past weekend, and I really loved doing
it.  I had lots of help, but I also learned a lot of things which I
will definitely remember for the next event I cook, when I can
write down all the things I may some day post them to the list.  I
think for the next event I want to do a lot more research.  For this
event I wanted to do something that was close to being period, but
would also be familiar to cook.  I was delighted that many people
were very full when they left.  I guess for now though whatI learned
most about this is I have to estimate quantities better, we also had
about 12 reservations that didn't show up.  Still I think we had 82
people on board, and one off board.  We had quite a bit of left over
food, but that was good because we had it at clean up the next day.

For the menu I primarily used Pleyn Delit, except for the mushroom
pies(Caridoc's), Peas and Onions(I cheated and used frozen ones), and
the Barley and chick peas which I made up without researching. I put
the noodles in the soup too.  Everything except the meats the mushroom
pies and the boiled eggs, had absolutely no meat or dairy products in
them.  I didn't want anyone including vegetarians and vegans to go
away hungry.

Thanks to everyone on the list for all the advice I got when I asked
questions!

	Angeline

Sideboard
 Bread with honey butter
 Assorted Cheeses
 Fresh Apples and Fresh Pears
 Vegetable Soup with Noodles
 Boiled Eggs

Dinner
  First course
Bread with butter (honey and regular)
Green salad
Fennel Sops
Mushroom Pies

  Second course
Loin of Pork in Boar's Tail Sauce
Peas and Onions
Rice

  Third Course
Roasted Chicken Stuffed with grapes

Barley with Chickpeas  Cook Barley, when the Barley almost done warm
the chick peas in the pan with the chick peas toss in about a
tablespoon or two of chopped garlic, if you use canned chick peas pour
off about half the liquid in the cans.  Top with some chopped parsley.

Roasted Carrots

  Dessert

Apple Pudding
Ginger Snaps