SC - frozen pomegranate

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Thu Mar 12 18:55:38 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/12/98 10:36:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< I am considered serving hummus and falafel as vegetable dishes in a future
 feast.  I would appreciate any input about the history of these two dishes.

 Bear >>

I have been "pouring" over al-Baghdai, recipe by recipe. I have 67 of the
recipes redacted  but none of those remotely resemble falafel or hummus. I had
thought that part of  the recipe that I sent recently to the list may have
been remotely falafel-like but thanks to Master A and Duke Cariadoc, I have
taken time to rethink that part of the recipe. Now I am reading the remaining
un-redacted recipes for any clues to the answer to your question.

I fear tho' that we may not find an answer for the very propbable reason that
the two dishes in question were most like ly a peasant food and were not
recorded in period Islamic manuscripts. al-Baghdadi is most certainly meant
for the courts of a Caliph.

al-Sayyid Ras