SC - Palladius, tamarind, buckwheat, soap

Mon Mar 16 11:17:55 PST 1998

Marisa Herzog wrote:

>                       Kat's Whiteshield feast                      3/16/98
>
> I thought I would start the applause for Kat's feast for Whiteshield in
> Darkwood, Mists, West, on Saturday.
> IT WAS ALL DELICIOUS!  Many meat eaters were lusting after the "Lenten" things
> than they saw passing by.  The servers were consciencious, especially the
> "smalls" we had serving our table.  The only problems:  everything was cold,
> and dishes could have come out a little closer together- a couple of times we
> actually got hungry waiting for the next part of the course to come out.  The
> best parts:  the salad in the last course and the cut strawberries were a
> lovely end to a rich and well balanced feast- and the PEACOCK and GILT SALMON
> were beautiful.

I also went to the feast, but was unable to stay for the last course
because it
was past my smalls bedtime and they were getting very cranky.

I agree the food I did eat was quite good, but could have been served
warmer.
It was nice to see the source for each of the dishes given out in the
feast menu.
I compared the dish I was eating to the source noted in the menu. I was
also
glad to see them note specific changes that they made, Like using
chicken instead
of rabbit. I later asked one of the cooks, I do not know the gentles
name, why the
made that particular substitution, he said that rabbit wasn't popular in
the
barony.

The one dish that I was served that did not come out as I expected
according to
the source provided was the asparagas dish. We were served aspargas with
a cheese
sauce. Whereas I expected to see a cheese sauce with aspargas in it on a
piece of
toast. This was probably the single dish that really needed to be served
quite
warm.

> Huzzah! to Kat for a lovely evening.  I hope she got to sleep in on Sunday!

I wish I was able to stay for the rest of the feast.

- --
Cassandra Baldassano            cassie at nas.nasa.gov
Sterling Software               (650) 604-6007 or (800) 331-8737 x6007
Supporting:                     M/S 258-6
Systems Control                 NASA Ames Research Center
Database Administration         Moffett Field, CA 94305-1000