SC - Viking and early Irish foods

KKimes1066 KKimes1066 at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 21:50:14 PST 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Alderton, Philippa wrote:

> I don't know if you are aware of it, folks, but Black Plague, or Bubonic
> plague, is considered endemic in the Western US. Many people there when
> tested show positive for the antibodies, and there are about 6-15 actually
> documented cases per year. It's been on the uprise a bit too, mostly
> believed to be because of homeless people living outdoors.
>

> phlip at morganco.net

Bubonic and pnemonic forms are endemic to New Mexico.  Not to worry! Life
goes on.  Party on!  We named our science fiction convention after a
variety. Our mascot is Perry Rodent and our motto is New Mexico: the Land
of the Flea and the Home of the Plague.

In August, we will celebrate Bubonicon 30. The GOH is Jane
Linskold (al-Barran) the artist GOH is Dave Martin (Dragonspine, I
think?).  The toastmaster is John E. Stith (Caerthe).  Attending are:
Walter Jon Williams (south of Al-B), Bob Vardeman (al-B), Suzee McKee
Charnas (al-B), George RR Martin (Drgystan), Pati Nagle (MS Elinor Aurora,
al-B), Snail Scott (MS Sairlaeth, sp?), Melinda Snodgrass (north of al-B)
and very likely, Jack Williamson.

Come in costume.  Elizabethan Klingons are always welcome at the Saturday
night masquerade -- and anywhere else Klingons want to go.  We are still
pondering prizes for hall costumes.

E-mail me privately for more detailed information.

Arian Aurelia
If it can't be fricasseed, then fry, fry, the hen...