SC - Lobster

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Mar 19 20:21:17 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/19/98 8:48:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
brettwi at ix.netcom.com writes:

<< I wonder, does anyone know if boiling alive vs. boiling already dead
 affects the taste of the lobster? >>

I have no idea about taste but plunging a lobster alive into boiling water ,
headfirst is the MOST humane way to kill this animal. When a knife is inserted
to sever the brain from the rest of the nervous system, the animal thrashes
and flops about . I tend oto agree that no geese were boiled alive, however,
this is not to presume that boiling alive would not be humane for several
other creatures such as shellfish.

Ras