SC - SC: another chicken butchering method

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Fri Mar 20 23:42:38 PST 1998

HI all from Anne-Marie.
I was asked:
> I like that idea.  Was it left to the individual to figure out what is
> meant by "six Tartes of Flessche" or were they given recipes to work from

> or something else?

The people are given fully vetted recipes to produce in bulk. Remember this
was a college, and most of us at the time could barely boil water! Still,
we did ok, though I still have a very attractive scar from where I tried to
cut off my thumb making all those damn leek and sausage flans...and me
being about 90 miles from the nearest hospital...but I digress.

To this day, when I need to set up a potluck, I follow this model and
assign experience cooks that I can browbeat into helping out specific
dishes, ie a large ham, two pots of barley frumenty, etc. Stacking the deck
as it were, tends to make sure that the potluck is balanced.

- --AM