SC - Jelly (was Menagier translation webbed)

Seton1355 Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Mar 22 09:44:35 PST 1998

<<
 I agree that we know very little about preparation methods but we do know
 some. We have saga and verse refernces, we have archaeological evidence
 and we have common cooking sense. We are looking at an a-ceramic culture
 in many areas very dependant upon steatite use, which of course alters the
 way they cooked. There is plenty more to be said but this is already
 pretty darn long...

  Coll

     Ack! Dont stop there! I have a fair amount of soapstone (The common name
of the Steatite he mentioned, for the non-rockhounds on the list. ;-) )
sitting around that is too layered for carving molds. Finding another possible
use for it would be nifty......... I had heard that they made use of soapstone
vessels, but have no details. Size, shape, manner of use? Pretty please?!?

     Ldy Diana