SC - Specialty meats (was re: white shield feast)

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 22 22:42:38 PST 1998

I have a question that I have been wondering about for awhile.

When is an item a spice and when is it considered an herb?

Currently I have files in my Florilegium for both spices-msg
and herbs-msg (as well as herbs-cooking-msg). Often times,
I’m not sure where a message should be placed. I believe I
have been sorting them by spices being dried and herbs being
fresh, but I’m not sure that that is the dividing line between
spices and herbs. Is there a good one?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net