SC - For Love & Honor

Tim & Dee timdee at sgi.net
Mon Mar 23 11:10:09 PST 1998

> It's been a while since I've been on the list, but I have a request and
> I know one of you can help me with it.  Several months back there was
> some discussion on the list about a period recipe that for all intents
> and purposes comes out like meat in a barbeque sauce.  I seem to
> remember the use of fruits to achieve this effect.  If one of you has
> the recipe, please e-mail me privately at emrys at gte.net with the
> recipe.  I'm getting ready to do my first feast as the Kitchen Head, and
> I would like to use this recipe if I can find it.  Thanks ahead of time.
>
> HL Tamsin de Lesseley of Seabeck, JdL
> (Lori Rael Northon)

I believe the recipe you are looking for is the "Beef with Cryspes" recipe
I posted quite a while ago.

It is one of the very few good recipes from the book "Fabulous Feasts". I
don't have the recipe on me right now but perhaps somebody could post it.
If not I will look it up in my database at home.

Yers,

Gunthar