SC - Musk LifeSavers

Glenda Robinson glendar at aus.compassnet.com.au
Thu Mar 26 03:50:19 PST 1998

> Vegemite is only ever spread very thinly on bread.  Cruel >Australians
have been known to tell o/s visitors that you use it >like chocolate
spread, but  that
> just isn't so.

When I was living in the UK the favourite trick was to tell your french/
german exchange student that the marmite was chocolate spread.

You could vegemite in the UK but only is small jars.

Besides vegemite contains vitamins - B?. Anyway Thiacin (spelling?) and two
others.

> Vegimite crusts (spread on to a bread crust with butter) vegemite
sandwiches
> and vegemite and cheese sandwiches are probably the most >usual use,
> oh and on toast for breakfast.

Why does this put the song 'happy little vegemites' in my head?

Sharon

who for some very strange reason has decided to delurk