SC - turkish recipe page?

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Thu Mar 26 19:13:14 PST 1998

Woops!!! Sorry it is under Ancient Roman Recipes and is called Dulcia
Domestica (housemade dessert) credited to Apic.7, 13, 1 .  Try
<www.tubears.com>  50,000 Recipes - Ancient Roman Recipes. Or see below.
I first found it at last years Atlantian Kingdom Arts and Sciences
Festival .

Dulcia Domestica -  Housemade Dessert

Ingredients:
200g   Fresh or dried dates
50g coarsely ground nuts ( almonds ) or stone-pine Kernels
a little bit of salt
Honey or Red wine with honey (to stew)

Instructions:

Take the stones out of the dates and fill them with nuts or stone pine
kernels.  Sprinkle a bit of salt on the filled dates and stew them in
honey ( or honey sweetened red wine ) The dates have to be cooked in on
low heat until their paring starts to come off. ( about 5 - 10 min. )

Note: you may also fill some dates with ground pepper. suggested in the
original it is not my idea.

Enjoy - Genevia