SC - turkish recipe page?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Fri Mar 27 12:42:51 PST 1998

HMMM....
recipes...
For Christmas this year I made Candied Chestnuts.
I roasted the chestnuts in the oven, shelled them and then boiled them
for 30 minutes in a simple syrup made with water and a little rum. Then
I rolled them, still hot in granulated sugar and set them aside to cool.

They were very well received.

I think that the same method can be used for a variety of meaty nuts.
For drier nuts, like peanuts and cashews, I make a light butter caramel,
and toss the nuts in that with salt. then bake it off to harden the
candy.

This is well received, as well.

Brandu

On Friday, March 27, 1998 1:02 PM, THL Renata [SMTP:THLRenata at aol.com]
wrote:
> The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book has a recipe for Glazed
Nuts in