SC - Period Pottery - WARNING

JSchl65101 JSchl65101 at aol.com
Sun Mar 29 16:57:56 PST 1998

<<
 I would like to point out that if anyone finds a pottery item that is or
 has YELLOW GLAZE that they should call the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory
 Commission) and the closest HAZMAT team IMMEDIATELY. It is my
 understanding that yellow glaze is period, but can only be made by the
 use of Uranium nuclear material. Correct me if I am wrong, but when I
 took a pottery class, I was told this by the instructor.

    Ummmm, no. There are many yellow glazes on the market today. They not only
are not radioactive, quite a number are even food safe! Perhaps you are
thinking (Or the instuctor was?) of lead content? Period glazes, including at
least one light yellow I know of , often did have lead as an
ingredient.........

       Ldy Diana, a frustrated wanna-be potter