SC - Marzipan vegetables - L'Escalade

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Mon Mar 30 12:01:23 PST 1998

<<
 Sorry. I did mention the North though. :-) I am not knowledgeable about
 planting in the South. My posts are intended to be used as advise by those in
 US zones 4 or 5. :-)

     (Grin) No problem! I think I was mostly venting my disgruntlement at the
lateness of the season as it relates to what I've managed to get done (very
little!).

>> Also my apologies for not mentioning favas.  They indeed can be planted now
 and should have cool weather to grow well.  However, it has been my
experience
 in my area that favas do best when planted in mid April.  At which time I
will
 surely mention them again.

      They probably need to be planted around the first of March here in the
bottom of Zone 7 (Chattanooga, TN.), but I never have managed to get them
started that soon. Never have gotten a decent crop, either--but then we seem
to go from winter to hot and humid with only a couple of weeks of spring in
between the two. Not exactly ideal for all the cool-weather crops from

       Ldy Diana