SC - turkish website of recipes

JSchl65101 JSchl65101 at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 09:01:56 PST 1998

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt wrote:
> Arlene Silikovitz wrote:
> ------------------------------
> >Q: How does one get the book Fabulous Feasts?
> A: By being a very bad girl! It's a very bad book!
>
> Seriously, you can get it at any reasonably well stocked book store. But
> don't try the recipes. I don't want to be responsible for your ill-health.
> The non-recipe portion of the book is quite good. The author admitted,
> somewhere online, that some of the recipes were made-up to be medieval-ish.
> In truth, nearly all of them are just plain gross.
>
> Aoife

There is an excellent review of Fabulous Feasts on line at the Serve It
Forth! web site at:  http://oldcolo.com/~memorman/sif_home.html

My lord husband attended a lecture given my Cosman some 20 years ago where
she admitted, verbally, that she had made up a number of the recipes, like
the parsley bread, because they seemed "medieval".

Elaina