SC - Apician Web site...

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Fri Mar 6 10:16:19 PST 1998

On Friday, March 06, 1998 11:59 AM, Marisa Herzog
[SMTP:marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu] wrote:
>                       RE>SC - Apician Web site...
3/6/98

> <snip>Also, togas were not worn while reclining at prandium...not only
are

> So were they lounging around neckid?  Or did they have underoos, so
that they
> didn't put eachother off their feed?
> -brid
> (has friday-itis again)

Togas were not ALL a Roman wore, they are just most identified with
roman dress.
Just like Liederhosen. They are generally worn with other articles of
dress, but we think of them as most identified with certain alpine
regions.
Togas go over a tunic type thing. They are not worn by themselves. They
are essentially a wrap, worn over other clothing.

Brandu