SC - Headline: SCA-Cooks Unite at Pennsic and Feed the Known World!

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Mar 13 13:50:01 PST 1998

margali wrote:
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:58:10 -0500
From: "marilyn traber" <mtraber at email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: SC - Headline: SCA-Cooks Unite at Pennsic and Feed the Known World!

>I already volunteered to hostess the pennsic pot luck party for us-sort of
>an impromptu party and cooking schmooze session

>margali

Margali:

Tag! You're IT! What are needed now are some guidlines for dishes, if we
want some guidlines (perhaps we can agree we won't all bring dessert?), and
a place (your place---what's it called?) and a listing in the "classes"
section of the booklet so non-subscribers may feel welcome to tag along and
we can all find you. You should prolly decide what part of the 2nd week of
Pennsic it should fall under, and what time is good(evening). Then you need
to call it something (Known-world Cook's Cocktail Party and Gab-fest? ) and
send all this to Alys K., who is coordinating classes for Pennsic. We'll
need to know if we are to come solo (cooks only) or if s.o.'s or families
are welcome.

Can we do this?:

Recipe to accompany the dish, along with Cook's name! Dish to be based on a
serving of at least 6????  Folks should bring a notebook if they want to
copy recipes! Some nice person might volunteer to collect and web the
recipes. Bring your own eating things. Take your own dirty things home,
including the dish brought to share. Be really, really nice to Margali since
she's hostess (what are the current bribes...I mean whims...of our hostess?).

I know this is pushing the envelope a little. However, I need plans, in
advance----I'm anal that way. It's my only chance to actually make it out of
my encampment for something at Pennsic. It's  terrible and a sad, sad thing,
but I rarely get to go out at night at Pennsic 'cause of the kids (they've
been known to steal golf carts!) and himself (who's been known to suddenly
go missing, only to turn up  over at Vlad's or doing his circuit of the
lake). So, please, let's have a workable plan to bust me out of camp, folks.
Maybe I can nail his boots to the floor..........

Thanx

Aoife---busily plotting to bring something really yummy.