SC - Kat's Whiteshield feast

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Mar 16 09:15:19 PST 1998

                      Kat's Whiteshield feast                      3/16/98

I thought I would start the applause for Kat's feast for Whiteshield in
Darkwood, Mists, West, on Saturday.
I was supposed to help in the kitchen, but the doctor has told me to stay off
my feet for large portions of the day, so I begged off.
The event was held at a decent site- the fighting field was a marsh due to
recent rain, but by all reports the fighters had fun anyway.  Fighting ended
rather early, and we had no where to go while waiting for the hall to open,
but people managed to entertain themselves.
The feast started 1/2 hour later than it was "supposed to" which merely whet
all appetites.  The kitchen I hear was a bit inadequate- so Kat did very well
to plan the pre-event work she did!
IT WAS ALL DELICIOUS!  Many meat eaters were lusting after the "Lenten" things
than they saw passing by.  The servers were consciencious, especially the
"smalls" we had serving our table.  The only problems:  everything was cold,
and dishes could have come out a little closer together- a couple of times we
actually got hungry waiting for the next part of the course to come out.  The
best parts:  the salad in the last course and the cut strawberries were a
lovely end to a rich and well balanced feast- and the PEACOCK and GILT SALMON
were beautiful.
Also Kat and her lord got a Rose Leaf (service/art) and AoA respectively.
Huzzah! to Kat for a lovely evening.  I hope she got to sleep in on Sunday!
- -brid