SC - "I lived... I've got to find out what to do now!"

cassie cassie at sally.nas.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 16 13:19:28 PST 1998

kat wrote:

>         btw, some advice, if anyone's got any to spare <g>...  Though it is sadly normal in our area for the kitchen crew plus autocrat to be the core of the cleanup crew, the incidences of early hall-fleeing were much higher than normal this year.  So much so, in fact, that not one of the kitchen crew were able to make an early escape, and we didn't make it out of the hall quite by the time we were supposed to.  I was wondering if anyone out there has ever found a tactful yet successful way of remedying such a situation; and if so, would you be willing to share?

What we have done for Jingles feast is offer half-price tickets for both
our servers and a scullery crew. It makes it nice knowing that
there are people set up in advanced for handling such a big task. The
scullery is not only expected to clean dishes between courses, but
afterwards as well. This also enables for people who would otherwise be
unable to afford the feast to do so.

>         Gods, I've had my life on hold for the past six months in preparation for this feast.  Now it's over and I haven't a clue what to do with myself...  :-)
>
>                 - kat

I word of advice that I received once, don't do another large feast for
a couple of years. Write down all the lessons learned and
pass them on.

Congratulations on your success,

Euriol

- --
Cassandra Baldassano            cassie at nas.nasa.gov
Sterling Software               (650) 604-6007 or (800) 331-8737 x6007
Supporting:                     M/S 258-6
Systems Control                 NASA Ames Research Center
Database Administration         Moffett Field, CA 94305-1000