SC - Viking and early Irish foods

Varju Varju at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 11:06:48 PST 1998

<< One potential source that I haven't seen anything on is what was
 recorded regarding the customs of the Scandinavians while traveling and
 living in the east. Anyone know if this has been explored at all? It
 should be easier nowadays, when the "slavs and only slavs" doctrine is
 less prevalent over there.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this, since nationalism, especially focused on
cultural roots,  is even more robust now than during the Soviet era.
Eventually they'll calm down and useful scholarship may start on that sort of
thing.

Noemi
(what can I say. . .nationalism is my specialty)