SC - Goat

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 23 05:11:33 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/23/98 1:35:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< I don’t remember goat being mentioned very much before here.>>

Actually goat has been mentioned several times in this forum.

<>

The Middle east, Greece, and Western Europe immediately come to mind.

 <<Does anyone have any good medieval recipes for goat? >>

al-Baghdadi has savral recipes specifically calling for the use of "kid" and
many recipes which specify "meat" generically. The generic "meat" can be
camel, goat, lamb, mutton or whatever.

<<Considering that we do have some tex-mex resturants that do serve cabrito, I
can probably find goat meat here in central Texas.>>

It should also be available at any of a number of Middle Eastern or Greek
specialty markets, your local livestock auction or through newspaper adds
under the heading "Livestock" (which is where I got the two that I used for my
Middle Eastern feast.

 <<Stefan li Rous >>

Ras