SC - SC- Food for Camping

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Mar 28 00:42:24 PST 1998

Elisabeth asked:
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website which lists either period, or
close-to period meals which require little refrigeration.  I'm trying to plan
a meal plan for Pennsic, and am trying to work around not being able to
refrigerate that well.

- --------------
Take a look at these files in the FOOD section of my Stefan’s Florilegium:

campfood-msg      (50K)  2/24/97    Non-refrig., period food for camping events.
canning-msg       (24K) 10/17/97    Use of canning in the SCA. Directions.
drying-foods-msg   (6K) 12/ 8/97    Drying foods in period and for the SCA.
food-storage-msg  (72K)  5/ 1/97    Storing and preserving food in period. Non-
                                      refrigerated food for camping and Pennsic.
pickled-food-msg  (34K)  8/20/97    Medieval pickled food. recipes.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I believe Master Cariadoc has some useful info in his Miscellany, also.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net