SC - Gulf Wars & a question

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Mar 9 08:51:28 PST 1998

Hi all,

Who's going to Gulf Wars this weekend? I plan on being there so maybe
I'll get to meet some of y'all. I'm the averaged sized knight in the
purple surcote. Look for a big Maltese cross with two escallops on my
chest. Come up and say "Hi".

I'll be cooking Friday night dinner for my encampment:

Brewet of Lombardy
Sicilian grilled pork chops
Pickled veggies
Salad w/sunflower ranch dressing (Okay, I'm cheating on this one.)
Probably some fruit turnovers
Bolillos (little loaves of bread)
Beer!

Please remember that I'm going to be fighting all day so I don't
have time for anything fancy. I'm going to be reheating the brewet
and the pork chops don't have to marinate long.

There are going to be about 15 people in camp but since many of them
are Lost Boys from Northshield I'm cooking for 30.

Just to let you know I'm not forgetting my duties as a cook even though
I'm going to have to be running around doing "knight stuff" all weekend.

Now here's the question:

I've been reading the Roman recipe website and wondered if liquamen could
be substituted with nuoc muam sauce? I know we've discussed stuff like this
before.

Yers,

Gunthar