SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #639

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 22:06:36 PST 1998

<< I would like to know if anyone of you out there has some ideas for
 recipes I could use to serve to the Crown and thier entourage for a
 light lunch.
 I will be serving this at a very primitive site and I have managed to
 secure the use of two burners and a small charcol grill.
 The event will be in May in Texas so it might be really hot weather and
 then again it might not.
 I will be making breads the day before so I don't mind make ahead
 suggestions.

 Thank You
 Tegan

     I got lucky when I did this last August--the Royals in question love
Middle Eastern food, so I didn't serve anything warm at all, just lots of
hummus (Yes, I know you can't document it, but it was requsted.), feta cheese
spread, pita bread, a few sweets (From Cariadoc's recipes) and various other
finger nibbles, like fresh melon. (His Highness being a vegitarian helped,
too--less worries about spoilage in the heat!) You might check with the Royals
you will be cooking for and see what they like, but consider doing cold foods.
It's easier, and can be laid out waiting until the fighting is done (Or for
munching between bouts), rather than having to be cooked when they finish.
Ooops--you didn't say if this is a tourney or not. If not, you might have a
bit more definite time schedule, which would make cooking on site more
practical........... Good luck! ;-)

          Ldy Diana