SC - Excerpt from medieval cookbooks (FWD) (fwd)

Daria Anne Rakowski dar3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Mon Mar 16 01:31:03 PST 1998

Maybe I am repeating enquiries here but has anyone come across this book
before? It was forwarded to me from a friend who knows of my cooking
habit. Thank-you in advance.

Coll

<snip>
The following, while in part a commercial announcement, also contains
free information, so I have decided to pass it on.  Bon appetite!

Rob
**********

The cuisine of the Middle Ages has been unfairly maligned.  For a taste
of
medieval cooking take a look at six recipes available on our website,
including Chicken with Fennel, Inside-Out Stuffed Fresh Sardines or
Anchovies, or the ever-popular Orange Omelette for Harlots and Ruffians.
Read the recipes at:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/706842.html
This web feature is in celebration of our imminent publication of _The
Medieval Kitchen: Recipes from France and Italy_, the best of medieval
gastronomy rescued from obscurity and adapted for the modern kitchen.
In
his foreword Georges Duby said: "To open this book is to set your mouth
watering."  We hope you'll agree.

- --------------------------------
Dean Blobaum
The University of Chicago Press
dblobaum at press.uchicago.edu
Catalogs, online ordering, and features from our publications at:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/

- --
Robert Helmerichs, Ph.D.
1101 South 7th Street, #8