SC - "I lived... I've got to find out what to do now!"

kat kat at kagan.com
Mon Mar 16 11:45:01 PST 1998

Hi folks.

	Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that my feast went very well.  I'll post more details later if folks are interested; but for now I'm just praying my boss notices how tired I look and sends me home...  (yeah, right...)

	However, I am very very very proud to relate that, of the seven core members of my kitchen crew, no less than THREE of them were hauled out of the kitchen during the various Courts and given lovely awards.  Two of them, my husband included, received their Awards of Arms; and the third, the "Oak Tree of Service," a Baronial-level service award made special by the fact it is only given four times a year.  I'm so proud...

	I was also very pleased to meet some e-friends there... the lovely brid was there, glowing maternally and enjoying her strawberries <g>, and I also met Henry from sca-distilling.  Way cool!

	btw, some advice, if anyone's got any to spare <g>...  Though it is sadly normal in our area for the kitchen crew plus autocrat to be the core of the cleanup crew, the incidences of early hall-fleeing were much higher than normal this year.  So much so, in fact, that not one of the kitchen crew were able to make an early escape, and we didn't make it out of the hall quite by the time we were supposed to.  I was wondering if anyone out there has ever found a tactful yet successful way of remedying such a situation; and if so, would you be willing to share?

	Gods, I've had my life on hold for the past six months in preparation for this feast.  Now it's over and I haven't a clue what to do with myself...  :-)

		- kat