SC - Palladius, tamarind, buckwheat, soap

KKimes1066 KKimes1066 at aol.com
Mon Mar 16 13:32:08 PST 1998

I know the answer to #3. Buckwheat is most definately period.
Ditto Rhubarb, I think I remember seeing Rhubarb in a copy of
Tacuinum Sanitatus, (the Genovese copy, I think). Mongols used
Buckwheat all the time, I think thats where it originates, not sure
though... have to check Macer's or Turner's Herbal to be sure.

On a side note, Rhubarb leaves are chock full of Oxalic acid. The
same stuff in naval jelly, so it "could" be used as a rusted armour
restorative, I've been looking into this on and off for a couple of
years.
                                     Percival Beaumont Esq-App