SC - Serving brains...

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Mon Mar 16 22:49:57 PST 1998

big snicker and a no bleep there I wuz-

about a decade ago, a poor Yankee moved south with a southern [as grace puts
it] terracotta necked inbred etceteras. His mother made it quite plain that
she considered me to be a citified priss not worth her son's attention. In
an attempt to humiliate me in front of all the relatives she throwed a
welcome brunch and served a whole bunch of deep southern foods that pretty
much no northerner would consider eating. *snicker* Little did she know that
my mom was raised on a small farm outside of a tiny town in a desolate are
of south central Iowa. I grew up eating brains, oysters and other ahem
variety meats that anywhere else goes into the dogs bowl.  So there wuz
Dan's mom, and me, and a huge platter of fried bits of pig and scrambled
egg.....and a northerner eating stuff that a lot of southerners generally
don't eat all that often.

margali
but I still cant abide grits!