SC - Sugar Maples

Par Leijonhuvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Mon Mar 23 20:45:56 PST 1998

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Par Leijonhuvud wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Tim & Dee wrote:
>
> > Is/are there any sugar maple trees in Europe?  And what is Sweet
> > Water?
>
> Hm, no, I don't think so. At least not natively (modern day imports is a

I had a look in my field guides before I left for work this morning. The
Sugar Maple is Acer saccharum, while the only maple species in
Scandinavia are A. platanoida, A. campestre and A. pseudoplanus. There
is, of course, a possiblity that the A. saccharum does exist further
south, but I don't think so.