SC - Garden time

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Mar 30 08:10:55 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/30/98 10:21:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
DianaFiona at aol.com writes:

<< Except for those of us in Southern climates, where it's already a
 bit late for the things that hate hot weather, like the peas, lettuce and
 spinach.......... Not to mention the favas! BTW, most "authorities" are
 recommending planting garlic in the fall thesedays. >>

Sorry. I did mention the North though. :-) I am not knowledgeable about
planting in the South. My posts are intended to be used as advise by those in
US zones 4 or 5. :-)

Also my apologies for not mentioning favas.  They indeed can be planted now
and should have cool weather to grow well.  However, it has been my experience
in my area that favas do best when planted in mid April.  At which time I will
surely mention them again.

Please be aware of your agricultural zone and microclimates when reading my
gardening posts.  The posts will be reflecting exactly what I am planting at
the time and are in no way meant to be used as a definitive guide to all
agricultural zones.

For those in zones 1-3 the information received will be 2-4 weeks late for
those above zone 5 the information will be 3-8 weeks early. For those living
in Washington DC NJ, Maryland and Delaware as well as the tiny finger creeping
up into the Susquehanna Valley, these posts will be timely. :-)

Ras