SC - Potluck feasts / was SC-kitchens

Mon Mar 30 12:23:27 PST 1998

> Hi all from Anne-Marie:
>
> Many "food weenies" wont eat something they think is wierd, and will
> convince themselves they don't like it, solely by reading the original
> recipe and saying "ookie! They put RAISENS in a meat pie!!! Chicken AND
> pork together???? ughy pooh!"

The people who like my cooking LOVE "food weenies", it leaves more for them.
"He put raisens in the meat pie?!"  "Yeah, and spiced it with cinnamon and
nutmeg.  You look ill.  Can I help you by taking that meat pie off your
hands."

The classic raisin tale though comes from 1st 2nd Annual Wolfstar.  Wolfstar
bought me the ingredients and I baked them a ton of bread.  One of the
breads I did was an oatmeal raisin bread, probably OOP, but I was in the
mood.  One of the Wolfstar boys liked the bread, but hated raisins, so he
sat there spitting the raisins into the fire like watermelon seeds.  He put
down some bread and went to check on the meat they were cooking, and his
dog, Ring, came up, flopped down in front of the fire and started eating the
bread.  Next time I looked, the dog was spitting the raisins into the fire.
A little weird didn't slow up Wolfstar when it came to food.

Bear