SC - OT - OOP -- chili

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Tue Mar 31 07:33:48 PST 1998

Dear Gunthar,

Well, I, for one, object to your phrasing:

On Tuesday, March 31, 1998 9:51 AM, mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
[SMTP:mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com] wrote:
> around 500 of our closest friends Yankee, medium, and hot chili.

Are you implying that "Yankee" Chili is equivalent to "Mild" or "Gringo"
Chili?

I am a Yankee from a Yankee Family, And I was raised on New York Style
Hot chili, as well as several New England Firehouse kinds. While it may
not have the Heat that sucking on a habanero would give you, I would be
hard pressed to call it MILD! It will, my good fellow, effectively clear
sinuses, and clean out your pores.
I invite you to try Yankee Firehouse 5-Alarm chili, then reconsider your
classifications. I have had friends of SOUTH TEXAS CITIZENSHIP eat it,
enjoy it, and give me joyful and enthusiastic hugs after their fifth or
sixth bowl!

Brandu
<who has made his own chili powder in the past from ancho, poblano,
serrano, cayenne, and Thai firecrackers, with salt and garlic>