SC - Precious Gems

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Tue Mar 31 21:52:40 PST 1998

<<
 <<  precious jewels? >>

 This sounds interesting . :-) This is one of the areas that I have  little
 knowledge in. IIRC, I remember reading references to crushing various gems to
 powder and using them in "medicines" but I am unaware of their use as a food
 ingredient. I would be most greatful if the list would share bibliographic
 references, URLs, personal knowledge and experience in practical application.

      Well, Mistress Lijsbeth (Who's on the list but terriblely busy, so may
not read this very soon! ;-) ) mentioned something last night about amber
chunks being served in coffee as a piece of "conspicuous consumption" in the
middle east durring period. No idea what her sources are, of course, but
hopefully she'll answer in due time............ :-)

        Ldy Diana