SC - translation please [addendum] Re: SC - translation please Re: SC - translation please

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Mar 4 09:23:54 PST 1998

It's me again...

It occurred to me it might be helpful to mention a couple of known rough
spots in the translation I posted earlier.

Basically they are these:

1) Due to differences between old and modern French, it wasn't really
clear to me which times the recipe referred to the dough, and which time
it referred to the final construct, or even a construct in progress.
Basically the same word was used for both paste and pasty.

2) As a result, I'm still not sure whether the pastry dough is to be
made with eggs, which would make some sense, or the pie is filled with
eggs to bind the other filling ingredients, which would also make some
degree of sense.

Maybe someone else can clarify these points...

Adamantius
troy at asan.com