SC - Fw: ANST - Chocolate Documentation!

Yeldham, Caroline S csy20688 at GlaxoWellcome.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 09:04:16 PST 1998

I'm interested in Brian saying 1400 to 1460.

I've always been taught, and most of my reference books, indicate an ending
somewhere around the 1480s/1490s, with a practical cut-off point being 1500
if nothing else supercedes it.  For example, I've just been reading
Christopher Dyer Standards of Living in the later Middle Ages and since he's
talking about quite a big change post Black Death, for which most of his
evidence is from the 1400s, he's hardly got started before Brian would chop
him off!

I'd agree with him about the chocolate tho ...

Caroline