SC - Lamb's Quarters

Woeller D angeliq1 at erols.com
Wed Mar 11 09:46:21 PST 1998

LrdRas wrote:
> Chenopodium album is the scientific name for this plant which is also known as
> Lamb's Ears.  It is my view that this plant is 'period." <snip for brevity>
> Ras
Is this the same thing as Stachys, also known as Lambs Ear? A greyish
plant with soft, downy/fuzzy young leaves? If so, and this stuff is
actually edible (not just a nifty, touchy-feely specimen plant), can you
suggest any ways to prepare it? Actually, even if it's NOT the same
thing, I'd love to have cooking suggestions, along with hints on where
to obtain the plant (I'd be happy to trade you johnny-jump ups.... :) ).
Merci
Angelique