SC - Fw: Remember when... OOP, OT, Humor.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Mar 18 12:09:15 PST 1998

phlip at morganco.net

Never a horse that cain't be rode,

: Do you remember when...
:
: A computer was something on TV
: >From a science fiction show.
: A window was something you hated to clean,
: And ram was the cousin of a goat.
:
: Meg was the name of my girlfriend,
: And gig was your middle finger upright.
: Now they all mean different things
: And that really mega bytes.
:
: An application was for employment,
: A program was a TV show.
: A cursor used profanity,
: A keyboard was a piano.
:
: Memory was something that you lost with age.
: A CD was a bank account;
: And if you had a 3 1/2" floppy
: You hoped nobody found out.
:
: Compress was something you did to the garbage,
: Not something you did to a file;
: And if you unzipped anything in public
: You'd be in jail for a while.
:
: Log on was adding wood to the fire.
: Hard drive was a long trip on the road.
: A mouse pad was where a mouse lived,
: And a backup happened to your commode.
:
: Cut you did with a pocket knife;
: Paste you did with glue.
: A web was a spider's home;
: And a virus was the flu.
:
: I guess I'll stick to my pad and paper
: And the memory in my head.
: I hear nobody's been killed in a computer crash,
: But when it happens they wish they were dead.
:
: -author unknown
: