SC - Ostrich, and cruelty to geese

Morgan morgan at lewistown.net
Fri Mar 20 14:08:11 PST 1998

	Has anyone else had experience killing poultry??  I remember from waaaaaay
back in my high school years, killing chickens by twisting and breaking the
neck, severing the head.  When we let loose of the body, well, . . . . .the
nervous system didn't  know the brain was dead, and the phrase "running
around like a chicken with its head cut off"  really makes sense  ;*)

	So, the Goose may have had its neck broke, and already dead.  'Coz, IIRC
the next step  *is* to plunge the body into boiling water to leesen the
feathers.  Wet feathers are really stinky and gross!    That had been a
one-time experience for me, but as you can tell, I remember it vividly.

	Caointiarn

calculated mischief is invigorating - mary anne radmacher-hershey