SC - SC-kitchens

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Mar 20 17:32:18 PST 1998

In a message dated 3/20/98 1:18:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dvkld.dev at mhs.unc.edu writes:

<< The cook
 gathers their own assistants, >>

Interesting. I have never had the "pleasure" of a pre-picked kitchen staff. I
usually show up at the kitchen with recipes and supplies in hand and start
cooking. People just seem to gravitate to the kitchen, if you know what I
mean. :-)

Anyhow, sveral people usually wander in to "volunteer". I had them the recipes
and say "Pick one out.".  I have never felt that i was short-changed with
regard to numbers of kitchen help. The most exciting thing is that 9 out of 10
times people only choose what they think they can do well. This leaves only a
couple of people that have to be intensively instructed. And, IMO, frees the
head cook's hands to concentrate on more pressing  matters. :-)

Most importantly, the Feasts are the best that they can be with the talent
that was available. An adventure and a treat, :-)

Ras