SC - Jelly (was Menagier translation webbed)

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 22 07:27:35 PST 1998

The translation by Janet Hinson is wonderful.  I never saw such detail
in how a feast was set up and what dishes went with another.  But I am
very interested to learn what Menagier meant by a 'jelly'.  I am rather
used to the modern understanding of it and wonder what a 'meat' jelly
would be like?  I'd appreciate any insight.

Allessandre Desiderio, Ansteorra