SC - Potluck feasts / was SC-kitchens

Crystal A. Isaac crystal at pdr-is.com
Sun Mar 22 10:55:28 PST 1998

This is going to sound weird, but it really worked.

A popular member of a local shire is a serious cooking geek. She
*always* brings period food to *every* event. She (quietly and without
annocement) will not eat modern food at an event. The local group she
belongs to began cooking period food so she would have stuff to eat, in
the same way they place all the vegitarian food at one end of the table
and the food-for-carnivores at the other end.

Now there are about 10 people who habitually bring medieval food to
every event. Moral? I don't know; maybe this would not work in your
group, but if we just stopped eating modern food, maybe people would
have more incentive to cook medieval.

my two cents,
Crystal of the Westermark