SC - Kentwell

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Mar 23 10:08:58 PST 1998

> << I've fed 50 to 100 people for 2 weeks out of a period kitchen (Kentwell
> Hall
>  if you know it)  >>
>
> Would it be possible for m'lady to share a bit about what it's like to
> actually "cook" in the period way? It's pluses . It's negatives? Your personal
> feelings about period cookery so far as technique?
>
> The whole idea of being able to question someone who has used the facilities
> available to a medieval cook is exciting! :-) Ifi you feel that these
> obsevations are inappropriate to the list then  please consider posting me
> privately with your insights. Thanks in advance. ;-)
>
> Ras

I don't consider the expiriences of someone actually cooking in a reproduction
of a period kitchen at all inappropriate for this list. In fact, that is one
of the main areas of intrest to just about everyone on here. Please share in
your knowledge. Also, I would be interested in attending a seminar in this
place.

Gunthar