SC - Sugar Maples

Par Leijonhuvud pkl at absaroka.obgyn.ks.se
Mon Mar 23 11:02:57 PST 1998

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Tim & Dee wrote:

> Is/are there any sugar maple trees in Europe?  And what is Sweet
> Water?

Hm, no, I don't think so. At least not natively (modern day imports is a
different ballgame). I *could* be wrong, though. If I remember
if^H^Hwhen I get home from work tonight I'll try to check the latin
names.

You *can* get a sweet syrup from birches, but I don't know if it was
done in the middle ages.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
Cunning and deceit will every time serve a man better than force.
                                        -- Niccolo Machiavelli