SC - OT, places

Tue Mar 24 07:07:54 PST 1998

That is the German view of Transylvania.  What is the Hungarian view of
Transylvania?

I think that the administrative districts may have been created as part of a
Magyar incursion into Rumanian and German territory.  That would have meant
that land claimed by the Hungarians as part of Transylvania would be seen as
totally different territory by the Germans.

I tend to take most land claims with a grain of salt unless I have some idea
of the actual history of the area.  My Central European history is very
sketchy, so I don't think I have a good enough grasp of the historical
perspective to say what view is correct.  BTW, German territorial views are
very suspect, until proven correct, in that scholarly propaganda was created
to support political claims to "traditional" German territory during this
century.

Bear