SC - Re:

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Mar 24 23:45:41 PST 1998

At 7:19 PM -0600 3/23/98, Donald Humberson wrote:
>In sotelties, I focus on gingerbread and marzipan work, Rowan on cakes and
>other period desserts, and we both like to play with sugar paste.

By "cakes" do you mean things such as Digby's "Excellant Cake," which is
yeast raised and much solider than what we call "cakes"? Off hand, I can't
think of any period recipe that corresponds to what are conventionally
called cakes nowadays--although I don't know the sixteenth century sources
very well, so there might be something there.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/