OP candied nuts (was Re: SC - Tiramisu)

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Mar 25 13:49:33 PST 1998

Angelique of the Bottomless Picnic Basket  :-)  writes:

> The other recipe(s) that I am looking for are ones for sugared or
> honeyed nuts. I had one, with rosewater, orange water or lavender
> in it that was given to me as period (no documentation, just told me
> it was) years ago, but I can't find it any where. Ideas, anyone?

This recipe is not period and probably not what you're looking for, but it IS wonderful:

	Sour Cream Pecans

	For each 1 lb. pecan halves, boil together:

	1 cup sour cream
	1 cup sugar

	Stirring constantly, bring to rolling boil.  Let boil 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in:

	1 tsp. vanilla

	Mix in nuts carefully so they are coated but don't break. Pour onto waxed paper; quickly separate nuts with buttered forks.  Let cool.

To die for....  <g>

	- kat